Monstrance

Monstrance

Thursday, September 11, 2014

CATECHIST RESOURCE: Last Supper Skit/Reenactment

A few days ago a friend texted me. Her friend teaches junior high RE and needed a skit for the Last Supper. She was struggling and really liked what I had done with pre-K and Kindergarten students at her church over the summer so she asked Amy to contact me. 

For those of you familiar with Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, I did a modified version of The Cenacle presentation for Level I. These students had no CGS background so after presenting it, I had them return to their seats and draw pictures of themselves. Then, we placed their pictures around the set up Cenacle figures and discussed how that was what it would be like when they received First Communion. I touched on some themes from the Eucharistic Presence of the Good Shepherd without bringing in the shepherd imagery and all of those materials as well. It was a part of a 5-day VBS program and I only had 2 hours to cover the Eucharist with these kids.

I wanted something that bridged the Last Supper with the Mass. As a gift to you, here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it and share it with your DRE, catechist friends, etc. If you get a chance to do the skit, I am hoping you would record it and get parent permission for me to post it here. Just send your You Tube videos of the skit to firstcatechist@gmail.com 

I know this isn't really a "parent" issue but I figured many of you might be catechists or have a homeschool group who would enjoy doing this.

Thanks for reading and God bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment